1. Personal Spiritual Growth: Take time in prayer, read God’s Word, and meditate on Scripture.
2. Evangelism and Discipleship: Shine the light of
Christ to someone else. Walk across the street and knock on a neighbor's door, or give a word of encouragement to a friend.
3. Local Prioritization: Find a need at home and do your part, before helping elsewhere.
4. Education/Mentoring: Learn about current issues, and gain
skills to address those issues. Then, teach someone else who needs that skill too.
5. Community Preparedness: Work to create strong new infrastructure and relationships.
Further actions to consider:
- Homesteading: Grow food and build toward family self-sufficiency.
- Civic Advocacy: Talk to an elected leader or law enforcement officer to inform, encourage, and activate them for Founding principles.
- Neighborhood Building: Reach out to someone in your area to meet a specific need you see.
- Emergency Resourcing: Store items you will need in a disaster.
The unit or base for a core team in the Virtue Solution Project is a micro-hub: a community center or warehouse. This local center serves as a neutral location for neighbors to meet for fellowship, classes, skills mentoring, and activism. It includes a storage facility to meet local needs - a common example might be first aid or other health resources - as well as backup supplies for an emergency such as food, ammunition, and tools. The center can be sponsored by a family, a church, a business, or a civic association.
Every micro-hub will be developed differently depending on the needs of the community and the circumstances it is designed to prepare for. Each one is organic and not run by any central agency. The goal is to be a lighthouse to everyone in the area, though a membership system may also be appropriate for some of the functions.
Our project is currently working on a total of six local micro-hubs primarily in Upstate South Carolina. Numerous other community centers are also being developed which are not directly associated with us. This is a very organic effort so you don't need any approval from our project leadership, but we'd love to hear from you if you need help with anything. Call 864-420-7933.