|Posted by Josiah Magnuson on December 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM|
Happy New Year! We've had a wonderful Christmas season praising the Lord for His gracious wisdom and righteousness available through Jesus Christ (I Corinthians 1:30) who is the Gift that makes all the other gifts possible! Now it's time to get back to work.
In 2016, we have the opportunity to "show forth the virtue of Him who has called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light." (I Peter 2:9) The virtue of Christ is the key to a path of light in true liberty, and it is what we should reflect to others as we take action. What a privilege that we can be a part of His plan not only for our civilization, but for the universe.
This has been a great year putting together the elements of a cure for America's disease. The message of the Virtue Solution is catching fire as we find that many folks have already been thinking the thoughts that you and I have grown to understand:
- The root problem is not government, but rather the apathy and dependency of We the People.
- The path to restoring liberty is that of putting into practice the Laws of Nature and Nature's God.
- States cannot push back against Federal infringement today not because the Constitution isn't working but because we are dependent on Federal cash.
- The path to end apathy and dependency is found at the family, church, and community level, through loving our neighbors, instead of waiting comfortably for someone else to do the job.
- When we care for and defend each other, and cultivate self-sufficient local associations as recommended by the Founders, we establish lighthouses of liberty that can weather the coming storms.
- No one will be able to survive these storms alone, and therefore we need community infrastructure put together in advance.
There is much to be done in the coming months, and I trust you will join in!
If you have not yet done so, I encourage you to take some time to go meet your neighbors and tell them that you care about them. You might take cookies along, and a notecard with your phone number in case they need anything. If the opportunity presents itself, float the possibility of a BBQ or Bible study in the future. Or, simply invite them over to your house for a meal.
Remember, our next conference will be held on Saturday, February 27. Details will be forthcoming soon. Feel free to contact us any time with feedback on what is working for you, as well as with any questions.
Don't forget to shine the light of Christ's virtue each day!
Yours in Him,
R. Josiah Magnuson